Scipts and links for upcoming auditions
World of Extreme Happiness
Reserve rooms from anywhere you have an internet connection. Don't see the room you're looking for? Scroll to the right!
- Please only reserve one hour per day per project.
- If you no longer need a reservation, please delete it so it can be used by your colleagues.
- Leave your contact information in the event of an emergency.
Looking to book a room further out than a week or on a re-occuring basis? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE (DEPENDS ON THE PRODUCTION)
- Light Board Operator
- Sound Board Operator
- Fly Crew
- Deck/Props Crew
- Followspot Operator
- Wardrobe/Makeup Crew
HOW TO APPLY FOR RUN OR WARDROBE CREW:
- Review the show calendars and course requirements to find a production that fits your schedule.
- Take the application quiz for that production (via Gauchospace).
- We will schedule an appointment via email to give you your add code.
- All crew positions are first-come, first-served. We will respond to applications in the order they are completed.
- All events listed on the calendars are required. It is not possible to partially participate in a production.
- There are no opportunities to make up for an unexcused absence or lateness.
Full Course Requirements (.pdf)
- Vickie Scott, Instructor on Record (THTR 29/49/149)
- Denise Umland, Costume Shop Manager (Wardrobe Crew)
- Paul Barnes, Technical Director (Run Crew)
Want to be more involved with the Department? Want to see shows for free? Volunteer to be an usher for one of our shows!
WHAT: As an usher for the department's productions, you will be asked to hand out programs before the show, direct audience members to facilities during intermission, and organize the venue after the performance.
WHEN: Ushers should arrive 45 minutes PRIOR to curtain at the VENUE of the performance and check in with the house manager for instructions and a brief training session.
WEAR: Please arrive dressed tastefully in ALL BLACK.
WHY: For ushering, students may see the performance at no charge. It is possible (though not likely) that ushers will be asked to attend another performance if seating is very limited.
HOW: Use the buttons below to to sign up! You will be asked to enter your email address so that we can send you a reminder. Be advised that sign ups are on a first come, first served basis.
SIGN - UPS
- A View from the Bridge (Nov 3 - 19)
- King Lear (Nov 4 - 19)
- Fall Dance Concert (Dec 7 - 9)
- SBDT (Jan 19 - 21)
- The World of Extreme Happiness (Feb 16 - 25)
- Staging the Daffy Dame (Mar 2 - 11)
- Spring Dance Concert (Apr 12 - 14)
- New Works Lab (May 10 - 20)
- Cabaret (May 25 - Jun 3)
Email Sean at email@example.com with your UMail address and the subject "Please add me to the Mailing List." The Mailing List will have the latest information regarding department events such as auditions, run/wardrobe crew, and special events.
Props and furniture are available for rental to the following:
- Students currently enrolled in a class within the department
- Recognized UCSB student organizations with a faculty advisor
- Declared Majors/Minors within the department
- Others as determined by the Technical Director
Rentals are available by appointment only. A $50 deposit check is required for all rentals.
Prop Shop Rental Hours:
- Tuesdays 10:00-11:30am
- Fridays 10:00-11:30am