Scripts and links for upcoming auditions
ATTENTION ALL ACTORS!!!!!
ALONE, TOGETHER, A Zoom Festival of 39 monologues and short plays written by professional LAUNCH PAD playwrights produced by the Department of Theater and Dance will be holding auditions on THURSDAY, MAY 7th from 6-11pm on ZOOM.
Please be prepared to read 1 or 2 short pieces from material provided from the plays.
NOTE: pieces do not need to be memorized.
Sides are now available on GauchoSpace
Rehearsals are M-F between the hours of 6-10pm, but each piece will rehearse only 1 hour (appx.) per night except during tech.
149/49 units given for participation if desired.
Zoom Performance is all day on Saturday, June 6th
DANCE AND THEATER MAJORS ONLY.
Reserve rooms from anywhere you have an internet connection. Don't see the room you're looking for? Scroll to the right!
Not a major? Be sure to get written approval from Daniel Herrera (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to booking a room.
- Please only reserve one hour per day per project.
- If you no longer need a reservation, please delete it so it can be used by your colleagues.
- Leave your contact information in the event of an emergency.
Looking to book a room further out than a week or on a re-occuring basis? Email email@example.com.
Do you know your 29D, 49 or 149 requirement? Find it HERE
One can split their 2 Unit commitment up for instance taking one Unit of 29D and one unit of 49 or 149 on the same show.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE (DEPENDS ON THE PRODUCTION)
- Light Board Operator
- Sound Board Operator
- Fly Crew
- Deck/Props Crew
- Followspot Operator
- Wardrobe/Makeup Crew
HOW TO APPLY FOR RUN OR WARDROBE CREW:
- Review the show calendars below to find a production that fits your schedule.
- Email the Production Manager Daniel Herrera at firstname.lastname@example.org with CREW/29D in the subject line, send him the name of the production you would like to work on, a screen shot of your weekly schedule, and three potential times you tend to have available during the week to sign the contract. For Wardrobe/Makeup Crew, email the costume shop manager Denise Umland at email@example.com
- We will schedule an appointment via email to give you to discuss and to potentially assign your add code.
- All crew positions are first-come, first-served your spot is not secure until you have signed the crew contract..
- All events listed on the calendars are required. It is not possible to partially participate in a production.
- There are no opportunities to make up for an unexcused absence or lateness.
WMDID Crew Spots Still Available: 0 of 4 Needed 6
WMDID Wardrobe Crew Spots Still Available: 0 of 3
Fall Dance 2 unit Crew Spots Still Available: 0 of 3
Fall Dance 2 unit Assistant Stage Manager: 0 of 2. (Dance majors get priority) 2 dance majors were accepted late with Faculty approval.
Fall Dance 1 Unit Crew Spots Still Available: 0 of 4: Color Changers. 1 dance major was accepted late with Faculty approval.
Fall Dance Wardrobe Crew Spots Still Available: 0 of 4. 1 dance major was accepted late with Faculty approval.
Black Flag 1 unit Crew Spots Available: 1 of 5
HOOKMAN Crew Spots Still Available: 1 of 6
HOOKMAN Wardrobe Crew Spots Still Available: 3 of 4
Tartuffe Crew Spots Still Available: 2 of 6
Tartuffe Wardrobe Crew Spots Still Available: 0 of 4
Crew Spots for Spring Dance
Spring Dance 2 unit Crew Spots Still Available: 3 of 4
Spring Dance 2 unit Assistant Stage Manager: 2 of 2. (Dance majors get priority)
Spring Dance 1 Unit Crew Spots Still Available: 4 of 4: Color Changers/Deck crew
Spring Dance Wardrobe Crew Spots Still Available: 4 of 4
Crew Spots for Airness needed 6 of 6
Crew Spots for Five Prayers needed 4 of 4
Wardrobe Crew needed 4 of 4
Want to be more involved with the Department? Want to see shows for free? Volunteer to be an usher for one of our shows!
WHAT: As an usher for the department's productions, you will be asked to hand out programs before the show, direct audience members to facilities during intermission, and organize the venue after the performance.
WHEN: Ushers should arrive 45 minutes PRIOR to curtain at the VENUE of the performance and check in with the house manager for instructions and a brief training session.
WEAR: Please arrive dressed tastefully in ALL BLACK.
WHY: For ushering, students may see the performance at no charge. It is possible (though not likely) that ushers will be asked to attend another performance if seating is very limited.
HOW: Use the buttons below to to sign up! You will be asked to enter your email address so that we can send you a reminder. Be advised that sign ups are on a first come, first served basis.
TO SIGN UP CLICK HERE!
Email Sean at firstname.lastname@example.org with your UMail address and the subject "Please add me to the Mailing List." The Mailing List will have the latest information regarding department events such as auditions, run/wardrobe crew, and special events.
Props and furniture are available for rental to the following:
- Students currently enrolled in a class within the department
- Recognized UCSB student organizations with a faculty advisor
- Declared Majors/Minors within the department
- Others as determined by the Technical Director
Rentals are available by appointment only. To make an appointment email Jaime Birkett email@example.com. A $50 deposit check is required for all rentals.