The Department of Theater and Dance and the UCSB campus administration worked very closely to create rigorous safety protocols in planning Fall Quarter instruction to protect our community from COVID-19. Like much of the UCSB campus, the department's instruction is predominantly remote.
- Weekly Covid-19 testing
- Daily Wellness screenings
- Classes divided into smaller, discrete groups of no more than 5 students, allowing 18 feet perimeters
- Hand Sanitizers at the points of entrance
- One-way traffic flow throughout the buildings
- Studios are deep cleaned daily, with long breaks between classes
- Staggered breaks during classes
- Protocols are reinforced on a regular basis
- Everyone in studio wears a mask and practices social distancing
Ensuring the safety of the community is of the utmost importance to the department, and we continue to analyze the situation to adjust to current guidelines. Visit this site for more information about the university's Covid-19 response.